mushroom and leek raguSubmitted by: FICTIONALMUSE
* 1 Tbs. garlic oil
* 1 lb. button mushrooms, chopped
* 2 medium leeks, white and pale green parts chopped
* 1 glass white or red wine
* 3/4 C 2% milk
* 1/4 C tomato paste
* 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
* 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
* 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
* 1/4 C fresh parsley
2. add tomato paste, continue to add fluids, both broth and milk (like a risotto), alternately covering the pan while cooking on low. allow the mushroom and leek mixture to absorb the liquid little by little until it reaches desired tenderness.
3. Stir parsley into mixture.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FICTIONALCARA.