Trinidad Roast BakeSubmitted by: THEBIGGESTPIGGY
IntroductionThis is a lovely bread that is quick and easy to make This is a lovely bread that is quick and easy to make
2 cups Flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 oz margarine
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup water
2) Rub in the fat, then stir in sugar.
3) Add water, and mix into a firm dough.
4) Turn out onto floured board, knead lightly, shape into a ball and leave covered for 15-20 minutes.
5) Press into the centre and using a rolling pin, roll into a circular
shape about 3/4" thick.
6) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
7) Decorate the dough with fork or knife marks.
8) Put onto a flat, greased baking sheet and bake till brown for about 20-30 minutes.
9) Remove from oven.
10) Cut into desired shape 2-3 inches wide.
Serve hot, attractively arranged on a flat dish.
Baking may be done on a baking iron over a surface burner of the stove,
but the bakes must be turned over to get brown on
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user THEBIGGESTPIGGY.