Indian Spinach Raita RecipeSubmitted by: VIRGO2008
Spinach - 4 cups, chopped
Cilantro, raw 4 Tbsp
Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Garlic - 3 cloves, finely chopped
Green Chili - 1 or to taste, finely chopped
Yogurt - 1 cup, well beaten
Salt - to taste
2. Once Olive Oil is hot, add Mustard and Cumin Seeds. Let them sizzle and pop.
3. Add Garlic and Green Chilies and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add Cilantro Leaves and stir.
5. Add Spinach and Mix, Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove cover and increase heat. Continue to cook Spinach until the liquid dries up.
7. Remove Spinach from stove and allow it to cool.
8. Add Spinach and Salt to the Yogurt, mix well and chill.
9. Serves 4
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VIRGO2008.