- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 389.4
- Total Fat: 16.7 g
- Cholesterol: 35.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,304.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.8 g
- Protein: 16.7 g
Rob's Italian Chicken PastaSubmitted by: SPONGEROB
IntroductionThis is actually a recipe I came up with awhile back . Applebee's used to have a variation, but stopped serving it years ago. This is actually a recipe I came up with awhile back . Applebee's used to have a variation, but stopped serving it years ago.
1 40 ozs. of Tyson Mesquite or plain cooked Diced Chicken
1-2 cans Hunts diced tomatoes - garlic/basil flavored
4 Tsp of EVOO (as Rachel Ray would call it)
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic (better than powder)
4 TSP of Italian Seasoning and or Oregano
4 cups Whole wheat thin or Angel Hair Pasta
4 Tsp of low fat grated Parmesan Cheese
2. Add EVOO and garlic into separate skillet to flavor the oil (this will become part of the sauce).
3. Add Chicken breast meat and saute until tender.
4. Add diced tomatoes and saute until tomatoes are softened, or crush to give sauce more tomato flavor.
4. Add Italian Seasoning and /or Oregano
5. Saute mixture together, when tomatoes are broken down,add the pasta to the chicken sauce mixture and toss to coat the pasta. Do not add all at once, add about a handful of the pasta, toss then add more. (About 4 cups total).
6. When mixture is warmed, serve in pasta bowls and sprinkle grated low fat parmesan over the pasta and serve.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SPONGEROB.