Broccoli CasseroleSubmitted by: SANDYLUVSSPARK
Introductioncomfort food - side dish, makes 4 large servings. comfort food - side dish, makes 4 large servings.
2 cups cooked chopped broccoli
Juice from half lemon
1 can Cream of Celery Soup 98 % fat free
3 oz Reduced Fat Cheddar
3 TB Grated parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup cottage cheese
1/4 Cup egg substitute
1 TB reduced fat Bisquick
3 TB grated Parmesan Cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2. Mix Cream of Celery Soup, cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, juice of lemon, salt and pepper and Egg Substitute.
3. Add broccoli to this mixture.
4. sprinkle bisquick over batter and mix.
5. put in 8 x 8 pan (sprayed with Pam or cooking spray)
6. drizzle parmesan cheese over top
7. Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes or until bubbly and crust turns golden.
cook's note: I took 2 whole bunches of fresh broccoli and just used the tops. I cooked just until crisp-tender and then chopped them up (not too fine). Also, using the lemon juice adds tartness that you would get if you were using mayonaise in a traditional broccoli casserole recipe. (I didn't miss the mayo at all).
I also put the cottage cheese in a blender so that it was more like riccotta cheese.
This makes a terrific side dish - so rich and tasty! (bake in a shallow layer so that it doesn't turn soupy on you!)
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SANDYLUVSSPARK.