- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 292.5
- Total Fat: 12.9 g
- Cholesterol: 43.0 mg
- Sodium: 282.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 8.8 g
Garlic and Coriander Stove-top NaanSubmitted by: TOKYOTESS
IntroductionThis recipe is inspired by the fluffy tasty Indian bread roasted in tandoori ovens. This recipe is inspired by the fluffy tasty Indian bread roasted in tandoori ovens.
2 large eggs
1 cp fat free milk (250 ml)
1 TBS sugar
1/2 cp oil (125 ml)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast
4 cps whole wheat flour, sifted (500 g)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 TBS water, as needed
1 TBS Garlic powder
1 TBS Cardamom seeds, crushed
oil for griddle
2. Cover dough with a damp cloth and set aside for 15 minutes before kneading it again. Cover and leave it again in a warm place, this time for about 2 hours. After two hours divide it into 10 portions. (I have to make ours 1/2 size due to my griddle size, so I end up with 20 smaller naan).
3. Preheat your griddle to medium, and grease with oil. When a sprinkle of water "dances" on the hot griddle it is ready.
4. On a lightly greased surface, flatten each dough piece into an oblong shape, about 1/2" (1 cm) thin.
5. sprinkle some garlic and crushed cardamom seeds onto the raw naan, and slap it on the griddle. cook for about 1 minute, and turn over and sprinkle spices on remaining side while cooking remaining side.
6. serve warm with your choice of Indian cuisine.
makes 10 large or 20 small naan
prep time(includes rising): 3 hours
cook time: 15-20 minutes
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TOKYOTESS.