Genna's Mix 'em Up Fruit SaladSubmitted by: GENNALEA1985
IntroductionAll I did was toss a bunch of fruit I love into a large bowl and served it up. It's fresh and very yummy. It's a good PCOS friendly recipe. FRESH IS BEST! All I did was toss a bunch of fruit I love into a large bowl and served it up. It's fresh and very yummy. It's a good PCOS friendly recipe. FRESH IS BEST!
1 medium green Crispin apple
3 ripe kiwi fruits
1 large banana
1 medium orange
4 medium-large strawberries
1-2 ounces orange juice (to prevent browning)
Be sure to have a large bowl to store fruit in and a sharp knife to do the cutting!
2) Peel the 3 kiwi fruits. Be sure you remove all of the skin. Cut each fruit in half lengthwise; then slice widthwise in about half inch sections. Put pieces into the bowl.
3) Peel the banana and cut it in half lengthwise. Then cut each half widthwise into 1 inch pieces (or smaller if you desire).
4) Using your knife, cut both ends off the orange and peel (be sure you have a very sharp knife to make this process safer and easier). Be sure to remove all of the pith. Separate the peeled orange into sections and split each section into 2 or 3 pieces (depending on size). Put orange pieces in your bowl.
5) Wash and "de-top" the strawberries. Cut each strawberry in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise creating four pieces and put into the bowl.
6) Pour 1 to 2 ounces of your favorite orange juice over the fruit and mix together with a wooden spoon. Be careful not to crush the fruit. Store in the refrigerator, covered for 1 to 2 days (or until brown).
Makes about 5 one cup servings.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GENNALEA1985.