Checkered cakeSubmitted by: JABLESON
Introductionno need for special fancy pans. 3 9-inch round pans are all you need!
Looks amazing! no need for special fancy pans. 3 9-inch round pans are all you need!
* Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened, 0.5 cup
* Granulated Sugar, 1 cup
Water 0.75 cup
* *Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, 1 cup
* *Flour, white, 3 cups - minus 6 tablespoons or ( 3 cups cake flour)
* Baking Powder, 1.25 tsp
*Baking soda 0.75 tsp
* Butter, unsalted, 0.5 cup
* Egg, fresh, 2 large (recipe calls for 1 egg white and one egg)
vanilla extract 1.5 tsp
* Source Vanilla or plain yogurt (fat free), 1.5 Cups
Use 3 9-inch round pans
1- Whisk Cocoa, half sugar and water. set aside.
2- Combine flour, baking pwd, baking soda.
3- In large bowl, beat remaining sugar, and butter till fluffy. Add egg whites, egg and vanilla. Beat in yogurt and flour mix.
4- Divide batter in half, fold cocoa mix into half of batter. Spoon chocolate batter into bag and cut a hole and pipe some chocolate batter around 2 or the 3 pans.
5- Fill another plastic bag with white batter and ring around pan also. pattern: chocolate, white, chocolate (for 2 pans out of 3). pan 3 = white, chocolate, white.
6- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting
Mount with vanilla frosting between cakes and chocolate on top or the opposite! I used chocolate between and vanilla on top.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JABLESON.