Cajun Skillet BeansSubmitted by: ROSEWHISPERS
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 c chopped celery
1 1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
2 c. chopped fresh tomato (or canned petite diced)
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 c. cooked black eyed peas or butter beans
2. Add the celery and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the thyme, basil, oregano, pepper, cayenne, and salt; stir to mix.
4. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until onions are golden, stirring every now and then.
5. Add the tomatoes, honey, and mustard; stir to combine; simmer 5 minutes.
6. Add the beans; cover and let cook until heated through, stirring occasionally
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ROSEWHISPERS.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
As my husband was telling me how much he liked this new dish, I told him that, I realized after the fact I had messed it up & used 1/2 T instead 1/2 t of Thyme. He told me I needed to change it on the website! Well there you have it. Oh and fyi, I used canned BLK Eyed Peas. Really tasty, ThankYou - 8/27/08