Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
IntroductionI found this copy cat recipe on Recipe Zaar. Put it in here in order to find out how many calories it actually has. They say the original is from TGI Fridays. I haven't tried it there, but I will be making this at home. I found this copy cat recipe on Recipe Zaar. Put it in here in order to find out how many calories it actually has. They say the original is from TGI Fridays. I haven't tried it there, but I will be making this at home.
Number of Servings: 8
2 chicken breasts - bone and skin removed - Pounded to 1/4 inch.
salt and black pepper (To Taste)
1 lb angel hair pasta
6 medium size plum tomatoes
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 minced garlic cloves
10 fresh basil leaves
2 garlic cloves, sliced into thin coins
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. Pasta: Boil pasta as per directions on box until al dente.Drain and transfer to bowl.
2. Tomato Salad (Step 1): Wash, core and dice tomatoes to 1/4" pieces, save juices and place in small bowl. Wash, dry and cut basil leaves into thin strips. Combine tomatoes, basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic and hold for 2 hours before use.
3. Tomato Salad (Step 2): Heat heavy bottom saucepan under medium-low flame. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, heat oil for 20 seconds. Saute cloves of garlic, that are sliced into thin coins, in oil (if small use 3) for 45 seconds on each side until soft and tender - do not brown garlic (if brown DISCARD and start over). Increase heat and add tomato salad and stir.
4. Tomato Salad (Step 3): Add plain tomato sauce to pan and bring to a boil. Add pasta to sauce pan and toss with fresh sauce (sauce should just coat pasta). Transfer to a service platter or plate individually. Garnish with balsamic glaze.
5. Balsamic Glaze: Bring to a boil vinegar and sugar in small pan and turn down flame to a simmer Reduce by 75% until sauce turns to a thick syrup, hold at room temperature
6. Chicken Breasts: Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and black pepper. Grill 3-4 minutes per side for grill marks or until the chicken breasts reach 165 degrees F. Grill right before serving.
7. To serve: Slice chicken breast into strips on a bias (45 degree angle) and place on top of pasta.Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JBALICKI.