- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 677.7
- Total Fat: 51.2 g
- Cholesterol: 182.8 mg
- Sodium: 112.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.4 g
- Protein: 12.5 g
Chocolate Chocolate Pudding Cake with Chocolate Ganache
IntroductionOriginal from Emeril, edited by me to make a little healthier! (His had 1,400 cal per slice!) Original from Emeril, edited by me to make a little healthier! (His had 1,400 cal per slice!)
for the cake
* 4 eggs
*4 egg whites
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 cup flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
for the pudding
* 2 cups heavy cream
* 1/4 cup cornstarch
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
for the ganache
* 1 cups heavy cream
* 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2. Coat two 9 by 2-inch cake pans with Pam
3. In a large mixing bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with whisk attachment, combine eggs and 1 cup of sugar.
4. Beat on medium-high speed until the mixture is pale yellow, thick, and has tripled in volume, about 8 minutes.
5. In a separate mixing bowl sift together the cocoa, flour, and baking powder.
6. Fold cocoa mixture into the egg mixture to combine completely, until mixture is smooth.
7. Divide cake batter evenly into two cake pans.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched.
9. Cool cakes for 15 minutes.
10. Loosen cakes from pans and un-mold onto wire rack.
11. Cool to room temperature.
12. Combine 1/2 cup of the cream with the cornstarch in a small bowl and stir to make a paste.
13. Combine the paste with remaining 3 1/2 cups cream, sugar, chocolate chips, and vanilla in a large nonstick saucepan.
14. Using a wire whisk, stir the mixture until it is well blended.
15. Over low heat, whisk cream mixture until chocolate melts thoroughly.
16. Cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until it becomes very thick, about 25 minutes.
17. Pour pudding into a large bowl.
18. Cover with plastic wrap, covering surface of pudding with the plastic to prevent a skin from forming.
19. Let cool to room temperature.
20. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack over it.
21. Using a serrated knife, cut each cake in half horizontally.
22. Place the bottom layer on a 9-inch round of cardboard and set it on the wire rack.
23. Spread.75 cups of the pudding evenly on top of the layer.
24. Top with a second layer of cake.
25. Spread 1 1/2 cups of pudding evenly over it.
26. Repeat for the third layer.
27. Top with the fourth layer.
28. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
29. In a medium-sized nonstick saucepan over medium heat, heat cream just under boiling point.
30. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate.
31. With a whisk, stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
32. Pour ganache over the top of chilled cake, allowing overflow to drip down the sides.
33. Cool slightly.
34. Carefully remove the cake from the wire rack.
35. Chill for at least 6 hours.
Enjoy! Serves 10
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ISUARCHITECT.