- Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 65.2
- Total Fat: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 21.5 mg
- Sodium: 22.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
Lumpia (Filipino egg rolls) with Shrimp and PorkSubmitted by: EJ8863
IntroductionFilipino Lumpia (egg roll) with favorites: Shrimp, Pork, Bean Sprouts, Cabbage and Carrots. Makes 30 Servings/Rolls Filipino Lumpia (egg roll) with favorites: Shrimp, Pork, Bean Sprouts, Cabbage and Carrots. Makes 30 Servings/Rolls
1 Package "Menlo Park" Wrappers (30 per pkg)
1 Lb Bean Sprouts (chopped)
1 Cup Chinese Cabbage (chopped)
1/2 Cup Carrots (grated)
2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro (finely diced)
1.5 Cups Raw Shrimp (peeled, 100-200 count)
1 Cup Pork (sliced in strips 1/4" x 1.5")
Peanut or Canola Oil for frying
Corn starch and water for sealing paste
Minced Garlic (3-4 cloves) and Cider Vinegar (1cup) for dipping sauce.
- Season (salt, pepper and paprika) pork strips and cook until rare/medium rare.
- Thaw and separate wrappers (cover with damp paper towels to prevent wrappers from drying out).
- Place 2 shrimp and 1 piece pork with ~1-2 Tbsp vegetable filling in wrapper and fold/roll (per instructions on wrapper pkg) sealing loose corner with Corn Starch and Water paste.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Enjoy with Garlic, Vinegar sauce.
- Add chili paste, Cilantro, Soy Sauce and Dash of Sesame oil to Garlic, Vinegar sauce for an extra tasty dipping sauce.
- Makes 30 raw lumpia (egg rolls). Nutritional content does not include additional fat/calories from frying oil or dipping sauce(s).
- Tip: Raw lumpia may be bagged (Food Saver vacuum pack for best results) and frozen for quick , simple, future freezer-to-stove frying.
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EJ8863.