- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 262.8
- Total Fat: 7.7 g
- Cholesterol: 21.5 mg
- Sodium: 83.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
Unemployed Banana Blues RisottoSubmitted by: GWILLIKERS
IntroductionHere is a dessert that's easy to make, super tasty, and has lots of fruit and fiber that will fill you up. Here is a dessert that's easy to make, super tasty, and has lots of fruit and fiber that will fill you up.
2 pats of butter
1 banana, sliced
Â¼ cup blueberries
Â¼ cup cranberry juice
Â½ cup brown rice
Â½ cup skim milk
Â½ cup strawberry ice cream
Â½ tbsp honey
a dash of cinnamon
2. Heat butter in a small pan over low heat until pan is coated.
3. Toss banana slices into pan; stir until they begin to turn golden and become soft. Mash up bananas using spatula.
4. Add brown rice & about 1/3 of the milk. Stir into a soft puree.
5. Add cinnamon and honey. In a separate pan, pour blueberries and cranberry juice. Stir until blueberries are softened, then mash up blueberries.
6. Add more milk to banana mixture. Stir until milk is evaporated and mixture is the consistency of a soft dough.
7. Stir blueberry mixture until it is not watery. Turn off burner and let cool.
8. Continue to mix milk into bananas and stir until the mixture is about the consistency of thick oatmeal.
9. When blueberry mixture has thickened and the rice in the banana mixture starts to sear, turn off burners. Transfer banana mixture to bowl. Pour blueberry mixture over it and top with two scoops of strawberry ice cream.
To make this even healthier for you, omit the ice cream and use a dollop of strawberry yogurt or Cool Whip instead.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GWILLIKERS.