Aloo PalakSubmitted by: JENNTX77
IntroductionFavorite Indian dish - serve with chapati Favorite Indian dish - serve with chapati
3 medium potatoes cut into 1.5 in. chunks
2 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1 Tbs curry powder
1 tomato, finely chopped
1 10oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained.
1/4 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
2. Meanwhile, heat oil over med-high heat. Add turmeric powder. Cook for about 30 seconds.Add onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until onions are translucent
3. Add cumin powder, turmeric powder, curry powder. Let cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they are completely mashed and oil starts to rise to the top.
5. Add drained spinach and nutmeg and stir well to get it all blended.
6. Add drained potatoes and about 1/2 - 1 cup water and bring to boil.
7. Reduce heat and simmer covered about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve with chapati or other fresh bread.
Serving size is a very generous 1 cup.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENNTX77.