BBQ TofuSubmitted by: BZOOTY
IntroductionPan baked tofu with bbq sauce. Mmmmm. Pan baked tofu with bbq sauce. Mmmmm.
1 lb firm tofu, frozen overnight then thawed
1/2 cup peanut butter, preferably crunchy
1/8 cup oil
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. pepper
Annie's BBQ sauce (or 6 oz. of your preferred sauce)
2. Squeeze the water out of the tofu, cube it and cover it in mixture. Let sit for about an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Lightly oil baking pan/casserole dish. Dump tofu in and spread it around as evenly and thinly as possible.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Take tofu out, turn it over, and bake for another 30 minutes.
7. Take tofu out and pour BBQ sauce over tofu. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BZOOTY.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Well, I tried it. And it was disgusting. The cubes came out like little burnt pieces of dirt. Perhaps the cubes needed to be bigger? But the recipe doesn't say how big they should be. Unservable. Not even to my cat. - 6/27/09
Reply from BZOOTY (7/4/09)
Oh no! Sorry it didn't work out for you. I usually make the cubes about 1.5 inches thick and it works for me. This recipe is definitely an acquired taste.