- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 88.5
- Total Fat: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 147.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
Sesame -Ginger Asparagus ( South Beach Phase 1)Submitted by: THESPY75
IntroductionFlavorfull side for seafood, chicken, or any dish with Asian flair. Flavorfull side for seafood, chicken, or any dish with Asian flair.
- 3/4 lb of Thin Asparagus, snapped at base and cut diagonally into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. Light Soy Sauce
- 1/8 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Seasame Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Seasame Seeds
1) Boil 1/4 inch water in large skillet
2) Add aspagus and return to boil
3) Reduce heat and cook another 5 mins covered at a simmer or until tender but not mushy
4) Drain and cool with cold water
5) Blot dry
6) Heat Canola oil in skillet over high heat.
7) Add asparagus, ginger, soy and pepper flakes and stir fry for about 2-5 minutes or until heated and flavored through.
8) Remove from heat, plate, and sprinke with seasame seeds and oil.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user THESPY75.