Easy Cabbage and Potato SoupSubmitted by: LOOLAH
IntroductionDelicious semi-spicy soup that takes minimal effort! Great for a snack or side dish. Delicious semi-spicy soup that takes minimal effort! Great for a snack or side dish.
-Low Sodium Chicken broth
-Fresh cabbage (I always use red cabbage)
-Any kind of onion (I use red onion)
-1 Large baked potato with skin
-About half a cup of water (if necessary)
2. Wash all vegetables very well.
3. Chop potato first (it will take the longest to cook), and toss into broth.
3. Chop onion and cabbage next, toss into broth.
4. If more liquid is needed, add a small amount of water. Make sure that the liquid covers all vegetables.
5. Season according to your taste (I add garlic powder, chili powder, celery powder, and a small amount of crushed chili pepper flakes (optional).
6. Let cook (covered) for roughly half hour (or until potatoes are cooked). Stir occasionally (there isn't much need to watch closely).
6. Let cool and enjoy! (I add a small amount of low sodium soy sauce for extra taste.
*Makes about 3 large bowls.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LOOLAH.