- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 292.8
- Total Fat: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 85.4 mg
- Sodium: 492.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 37.0 g
Shish Tawook Marinated ChickenSubmitted by: MYSHARONANY
IntroductionA new twist on Indian style chicken A new twist on Indian style chicken
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 teaspoons plain lfat free yogurt
* 2 teaspoons ketchup
* 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 3/4 teaspoon paprika
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
* 10 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
* Dipping Sauce:
* 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons fat free mayonnaise
* 1/3 cup plain fat free yogurt
* 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 medium onion, minced
* 1/2 large cucumber, minced
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
2. To make dipping sauce, mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic, cucumber, onion and salt. Cover, and refrigerate.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4. Transfer chicken pieces to a shallow baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven 30 minutes.
P.S. I did not create this recipe. Unfortunately I don't remember where I found it on line, possibly Cooking Light.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MYSHARONANY.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Sorry, the entire family thought the recipe was bland.
Will give it a try with extra spices, thanks - 8/25/08
Reply from MYSHARONANY (8/25/08)
Sorry to hear that. That is one adjective I have never heard about this dish. Re: amounts of spices -I put down what the recipe actually called for, but I don't measure any of them and season to taste and add ALOT more (and I happen to like spicy, seasoned food). Might be worth another shot!!
My boyfriend loves tawook chicken. So, I thought I would surprise him with this dish. It not only surprised hime but me as well.. this is a fantastic recipe. The chicken is tender and favorful!! It's easily prepared and stored overnight and ready in 30minutes. Over rice or salad. It's great! - 8/6/08
Shish Tawook is a Middle Eastern dish, not Indian. - 7/31/08
Reply from MYSHARONANY (7/31/08)
Middle Eastern it is. . .my bad. Still tastes good as far as I am concerned!!
Thanks for the correction.