Mashed CauliflowerSubmitted by: MYSHARONANY
IntroductionA variation on a good standby . . A variation on a good standby . .
1 head cauliflower
1 packet chicken boullion
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 can mushrooms or 1 cup of fresh
2. Fill up pot with water and add chicken boullion
3. Boil until tender.
4. Meanwhile, saute onions (and mushrooms if fresh; if canned, wait until the onions are almost done before adding them).
5. Once cauliflower is cooked through, run it through a food processor or blender until it reaches your preferred consistency. Add sour cream.
6. Season with pepper, salt, garlic, rosemary, herbs de provence. . whatever you like.
7. Once browned, add the onion and mushroom mixture to cauliflower and mix.
8. Taste. . .add any additional spices. You can make them different any time.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MYSHARONANY.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I made this and left out the sour cream to save on calories, but added in different seasonings to my liking. It was good and satisfying. - 10/5/08
Reply from MYSHARONANY (10/6/08)
You should try it with fat free sour cream or even fat free plain yogurt. Just wanted to add something to make it a bit creamier. Glad you liked it.