- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 306.5
- Total Fat: 9.8 g
- Cholesterol: 113.9 mg
- Sodium: 244.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
- Protein: 43.5 g
Balsamic Glazed Salmon (South Beach Phase 1)Submitted by: THESPY75
IntroductionRelatively simple and flavorfull fish disk. Very Good! Try it with Asparagus or Broccoli. Relatively simple and flavorfull fish disk. Very Good! Try it with Asparagus or Broccoli.
- 2 (6 oz) Raw Salmon Fillets (more even the thickness the better)
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1) Heat oven to 450 degress
2) Season Salmon Fillets with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish.
3) Cook Salmon in Oven for about 12 minutes or until cooked through
4) While fish is cooking, reduce vinegar to about 1/6 cup stirring in small saucepan over medium high heat (about 10 mins)
5) Remove reduced vinegar from heat and stir in lemon juice.
6) Season to taste
7) Place cooked salmon on serving or 2 individual plates and drizzle with glaze
NOTES: You may want to cover salmon with foil to prevent drying during last minutes of cooking. Or maybe a pan of water on the rack beneath it to steam some.
- Also, coat the baking dish with parchment, foil, or cooking spray as the skin likes to stick.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user THESPY75.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This was okay, but the balsamic vinegar was a tad too assertive. Also, the directions do not indicate where to use the oil. I added mine to the reduced vinegar, but in retrospect, it makes more sense to brush it on top of the salmon before baking. Mine took 20 minutes to reach 160 degrees for 1 lb. - 9/23/08