PudaSubmitted by: RINKUNISHU
IntroductionLike a pancake actually made from gram flour Like a pancake actually made from gram flour
Makes 5 Pancake
* 1 cup besan (gram flour)
* 1/4 cup rice flour (optional)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
* 1 teaspoon chopped green chilies
* 1 cup shredded zucchini (Italian squash) (shred the zucchini with the skin on)
* 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (green coriander)
* About 6 tablespoons of oil to cook
Use a non-stick skillet and place on medium-high heat. To check if the skillet is ready, put a few drops of water on it. If the water sizzles right away, the skillet is ready. Now pour about 1/2 cup of the mixture and spread the batter evenly on the skillet, using the back of a serving spoon. Starting from the center, spread in circular motion outwards until it is evenly spread. Spread to about 7 inch diameter circles.
The top of the puda should start drying. Put 1 teaspoon of oil and spread over gently, using a flat spatula. Lift the puda from one side using a flat spatula (A flat spatula makes it easy to flip the puda). Flip the puda when it turns golden-brown. Next, press the puda lightly with the spatula all around so the puda cooks evenly. The puda should be golden brown on both sides to ensure it is crispy.
* You can serve the puda with yogurt, chutney, spicy pickles, or ketchup.
* You can also fold the puda with shredded cheddar cheese, sliced tomatoes, or roasted vegetables.
* The zucchini can be replaced with finely chopped spinach, shredded potatoes, or very finely shredded cabbage.
* If you make the puda without vegetables, do not use rice flour. This will cause the pudas to be very dry.
* If you donâ€™t have cilantro, you may replace with ground coriander powder. If you donâ€™t have green chilies, you may replace with red chilly powder or flakes.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RINKUNISHU.