- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 378.3
- Total Fat: 20.1 g
- Cholesterol: 85.1 mg
- Sodium: 449.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 36.8 g
Carne Asada (Good for South Beach Phase 1)Submitted by: THESPY75
IntroductionGreat on the grill or grill pan. Great on the grill or grill pan.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 of 1.5 lb. flank steak
- 1 large red onion (sliced into 1/4 inch rounds "rings")
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small avocado sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh tomato salsa
1) Marinate steak in glad 9 x 13 baking dish along with lime juice, garlic, pepper, and salt. Coat well.
2) Cover and let stand 20 minutes out on counter. Turn once.
3) Heat lightly coated grill pan or grill with cooking spray to medium high.
4) Grill steak about 5-7 minutes a side using marinade to baste
5) Remove steak from heat and let rest (covered) on a plate or cutting board for about 10 minutes
6) Coat onion "rings" with olive oil in a bowl
7) Grill onions while steak rests for about 5 minutes
8) Slice steak against grain into thin strips
9) Place steak on 4 plates with avocado, onion, and salsa.
NOTES: Made on grill pan this took a bit longer, but also couldn't find flank steak.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user THESPY75.