- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 354.5
- Total Fat: 15.6 g
- Cholesterol: 121.0 mg
- Sodium: 634.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
- Protein: 47.9 g
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffing (South Beach Phase 1)Submitted by: THESPY75
IntroductionVery juicy and appealing dish. Great for parties as it can be all prepped up to the time of cooking in advance. Very juicy and appealing dish. Great for parties as it can be all prepped up to the time of cooking in advance.
- 2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced (or more)
- 1/2 Bunch of spinach, hard stems removed
- 2 (6 oz) thick chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 oz. Lo-Fat Goat Cheese (crumbled is great)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Wood toothpicks or cooking twine
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2) In large skillet heat 1 tsp. oil and cook garlic until aromatic (no more than a minute) over medium heat
3) Add in spinach and cook until it wilts and water evaporates (about 2-4 mins)
4) Season with salt and pepper (and maybe some pepper flakes) then transfer to plate
5) Towel out skillet
7) Remove excess fat from chicken and cut a pocket in each. Start from center and make large enough pocket to accommodate filling being sure not to cut all the way through. Try to leave 1 inch border.
8) Pace chicken pocket face up and season with salt and pepper
9) Fill evenly with spinach and cheese
10) Seal with toothpicks or cooking twine
11) Season outside of chicken with salt and peper
12) Heat remaining 1 tsp. olive oil in pan and cook chicken until browned, about 5 minutes each side
13) Transfer to baking dish and cook in oven at 400 for about 10 minutes.
Note: If you have and ovenproof skillet, transfer to oven at this time and cook at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
14) Remove toothpicks or twine and serve hot.
Notes: Very good. May want to experiment with other seasonings for pocket and chicken outside.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user THESPY75.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Delicioso! I used 5 garlic cloves in with the spinach to make it more flavorful. You can either use a mallet to pound out the chicken and make roll-ups or just stuff the filling inside like a pouch. I found the 2nd way to be easier. Make sure you put the cheese in first so it doesn't ooze out. - 4/8/10
this was a hit with my family!! i even forgot to season the outside, and it was still loved! next time i'll do more spinach and mix the bleu cheese with the spinach before stuffing. but otherwise i wouldn't change or add a thing! served with SB mashed "potatoes" & spinach/iceberg salad YUM!! - 8/2/11