Indian Style Cabbage SaladSubmitted by: VIRGO2008
Cabbage - 1 cups, shredded
Oil - 1.5 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - pinch
Curry Leaves - few
Green hot Chili - 3 or to taste, cut int to small pcs.
Salt - to taste
Lemon/Lime Juice - 1 tbsp
Cilantro - 5 sprigs, Finely chopped for garnish
2. Once hot, add in the Mustard Seeds. Allow them to pop.
3. Add in the Asafoetida, Curry Leaves and Green Chilis.
4. Cook for about 30 seconds.
5. Add in the Lemon/Lime Juice and Salt.
6. Mix well and add in the Cabbage.
7. Toss and mix well for about 2 minutes.
8. Taste and adjust the Salt and Lemon Juice.
9. Take it off the flame.
10. Serve at room temperature or cold.
11. Garnish with Cilantro at the time of serving.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VIRGO2008.