Authentic Tabbouleh SaladSubmitted by: AIDEN6
IntroductionLight, Healthy, fresh. Light, Healthy, fresh.
1 cup #2 bulgur wheat
2 - medium firm tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 green onion, chopped
2 - cups parsley, preferable Italian parsley
1/5 cup fresh lemon Juice
1/4 cup Extra virgin Olive oil
1/5 cup fresh mint, minced. Optional.
salt to taste
Romain lettuce, optional
2. Chop the onion, and put it on top of the bulgur.
3. Chop the green onion, place on top on the onion.
4. Chop the tomatoes, add on top of the onions.
5. chop the parsley very fine cut, then top to the other ingredients.
6. Add the chopped mint. Mint is optional, but it is recommended.
7. add the lemon juice, and the Extra virgin olive oil.
8. let stand.
9. Toss it just before serving.
The juices from the lemon, Olive oil and the tomatoes will soften the bulgur A la Denta. The bulgur is not supposed to be soft. It should have a little bit to it.
Serve with Romain lettuce to use as a wrap.
This dish can be served as a salad, or a main course meal. Healthy and light. Serve 4.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AIDEN6.