- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 291.3
- Total Fat: 12.2 g
- Cholesterol: 2.5 mg
- Sodium: 2,055.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 19.2 g
Curried Split Pea Soup with Butternut SquashSubmitted by: FATKITTY68
IntroductionMy good friend Fran's recipe My good friend Fran's recipe
* 1 lb. yellow split peas, picked over and rinsed
* 1 1/2 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cubed
* 2 qts. vegetable or chicken stock
* 1 12 oz. can coconut milk
* 1 onion, chopped fine
* 1 tbs. minced garlic
* 1 tbs. peeled, minced ginger
* 1 tbs. curry powder
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* salt and pepper to taste
* Add split peas and squash. Stir to combine.
* Add broth, bring to a boil then add coconut milk, curry powder and cumin and cover pot. Lower heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
* Simmer for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until the peas fall apart and the squash is tender.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FATKITTY68.