Shredded Chicken TacosSubmitted by: PSFITMOMMY413
IntroductionA definite staple in our house, with homemade taco seasoning and black beans...major cut in the sodium of store bought items! A definite staple in our house, with homemade taco seasoning and black beans...major cut in the sodium of store bought items!
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (cutlets work well too)
1 can diced tomatoes w/ chiles
1 bag Birds Eye Pepper Stir Fry (green pepper, red pepper, and onion)
Homemade Taco Seasoning (cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder)
4 tbs fat free sour cream (.5 tbs per taco)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
**This recipe includes black beans that have been soaked, not from a can. Put 2 cups black beans in a bowl and soak in cold water overnight**
1. Pour one can of diced tomatoes in pan with chicken breasts. Cover chicken with taco seasoning and cook until done.
2. Remove chicken from pan and set aside to cool.
3. Cook Pepper Stir Fry in same pan with diced tomatoes.
4. While that's cooking, shred chicken with fingers.
5. Warm tortillas in microwave or oven.
6. Wrap each taco with chicken, peppers, black beans, a little cheese and sour cream and you are set!
*I usually serve this with some rice pilaf for a yummy meal!
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KAPATHY.