Basic BrowniesSubmitted by: ANTIOCHIA
IntroductionThis is not a diet recipe -- this is my favorite brownie recipe, and I need the nutrition information so I can plan for the damage! This is not a diet recipe -- this is my favorite brownie recipe, and I need the nutrition information so I can plan for the damage!
4 oz. (squares) unsweetened baking chocolate
2/3 cup shortening
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
2. Put the chocolate and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 2 minutes. Stir well. If not melted, microwave a little longer. Stir and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, drop in the 4 eggs. Then add the sugars, salt, vanilla and baking powder. Mix well with an electric mixer.
4. Beat in the melted chocolate and shortening.
5. Finally mix in the flour. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes if the pan is a shiny metal pan. If it is dark colored bake for only 25 minutes (or if in a dark colored pan you may want to lower the heat to 325.)
7. Remove from oven and cool on a metal rack. When cool, cut into 36 pieces (6 pieces - 5 cuts - each direction).
Number of Servings: 36
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANTIOCHIA.