Caribbean ChickenSubmitted by: MYSHARONANY
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 10 ounces
* Pineapple, fresh, 1.5 cup, diced
* Red pepper, 1 chopped
* 1 cup water
* Cider Vinegar, 2 tablespoons
* Corn Starch, .1 tablespoon
* Brown Sugar, 2 tablespoon
* garlic powder, 1 teaspoon
* Dried ginger, 1 teaspoon
* Banana, fresh, 1 medium chopped
* Almonds sliced, 2 teaspoons
1. In a large skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, sautÃ© chicken for 5 minutes until tender. Stir in pineapple and green pepper.
2. In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, water, cornstarch, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Stir well.
3. Pour mixture into chicken mixture. Mix well to combine. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring often.
4. Fold in banana and almonds. Heat through.
5. Serve over cooked rice.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MYSHARONANY.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This recipe was absolutely delicious! I tweaked it to my own; I used pork instead of chicken, and real garlic (minced) rather than dried. It really brought out the kick that I needed to give my husband another (WINNING) dinner.
Thank you, and I will DEFINITELY be making this again-no doubt! - 7/7/09