Breakfast CookiesSubmitted by: MOMOFCHANCE
IntroductionThese are very yummy. Adjust seasonings to your taste! These are quite filling, you can get about 30-36 out of the recipe, depending on the size. Keep a few out and freeze the rest. Try different dried fruits. These are very yummy. Adjust seasonings to your taste! These are quite filling, you can get about 30-36 out of the recipe, depending on the size. Keep a few out and freeze the rest. Try different dried fruits.
2 cups light brown sugar
2 1/2 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick)
4 cups Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 tablespoons cinnamon
1/4 cup canola oil
1 C. Egg Beaters
1/2 cup Musselman's Chunky Homestyle Applesauce
1 cup walnut
1/2 cup Craisins
2. Mix all dry ingredients together and use a whisk to stir them together and then add wet.
3. Drop by 1/4 cup measuring cup or large ice cream scoop on parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
4. Flatten out cookies with back of spoon ( just run it over the cookie- the dough will be VERY moist). The cookies don't flatten or spread while baking so make sure that you spread them to the thickness you want and adjust cooking times if necessary.
5. Bake 11 minutes for chewy cookies, 12-13 minutes for dry cookies (chewy is best!).
*Actual cooking times can very depending on your oven temperature.
* I use Whole Wheat Pastry flour but you can also use regular whole wheat flour.
*If I am out of egg beaters I will use 5 egg whites.
*This cookie dough is VERY moist.
Serving Size is 1 cookie. (I put nutritional info in for 30 cookies about 1/4 C. cookie batter)
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOMOFCHANCE.