Healthier Egg Drop SoupSubmitted by: BINGHAM37
IntroductionI've seen many recipes for this, but this is how I make it for myself. I've seen many recipes for this, but this is how I make it for myself.
* Pacific Natural Foods Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth, 2 cup (or just use water and a low-sodium bouillon powder)
* Spinach, fresh, 1 cup
* Ronzoni Healthy Harvest whole wheat spaghetti style pasta (dry), 2 oz (I just use a store-brand, usually rotini or penne but sometimes spaghetti or angelhair)
* Egg, fresh, 1 large (preferably high omega-3 and organic)
* Soy Sauce, 1 tsp (I use tamari)
2) heat the broth over high heat until boiling, add pasta and cook according to your package directions (about 10 minutes or so)
3) add spinach and cook for one minute
4) break the egg into a cup and mix it up with a little spoon, use the spoon to drizzle the egg on top of the soup... don't stir at this point... just take your time to use up all the egg but work kinda fast so the egg doesn't over-cook
5) turn off the heat as soon as you're out of egg and let the soup sit for a minute to finish cooking
6) now you can gently stir in your soy sauce and eat... chopsticks are fun! Add a touch of grated ginger, hot sauce, lime wedge, &/or scallions too for garnish if you have some... they add a wonderful fresh flavor and crunch. (I just didn't include them here because... I don't usually have them on hand.)
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BINGHAM37.