Strawberry ShortcakeSubmitted by: CHICKY_WINO
IntroductionAwesome light dessert my mom used to make.
People will think you spent alot of time in the kitchen!! Awesome light dessert my mom used to make.
People will think you spent alot of time in the kitchen!!
1 Oblong cake pan
3 Angel Food Cakes (they're getting smaller and smaller lol)
2 Pints of Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Family Size Jello (Strawberry)
2 Pkgs Frozen Strawberries (thawed)
1 Large container Whip Cream
2) Pour Whipping Cream over cake (do NOT whip) and pat down gently.
3) Mix Jello (1 cup hot to 1 cup cold) and pour over cake.
4) Place strawberries on top of cake and pour juice from 1 packet over the cake.
5) Cover & refrigerate. It takes as long as it takes for jello to gel for it to be ready.
6) Cover with whip cream when ready to go.
7) I also place fresh strawberries on top of whip cream for decoration. I find the thawed is too runny.
Number of Servings: 15
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHICKY_WINO.