DZ's Shrimp SaladSubmitted by: STLUCIA81
IntroductionSomething different & delicious! Something different & delicious!
25 Large Cooked Shrimp
2 Slices of Thin Whole Wheat Bread
2 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Diced Red Onion
1/4 Cup Diced Red Pepper
1/4 Cup Diced Yellow Pepper
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp Oregano
1/2 Tsp Parsley
1/2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Ripe Avocado
- Finely chop shrimp and place in a medium-sized bowl. Cover with 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all spices. Pour over shrimp and shake until evenly distributed.
- Place shrimp on foil-lined cookie sheet, evenly dispersed.
- Place shrimp & 2 slices of bread in oven on the top shelf, broil - bread for about 2 minutes and shrimp for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once cooled, return to bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash avocado with a fork. Add remaining lemon juice and mix until creamy.
- Stir into shrimp mixture. Add diced onion and peppers, mixing until combined.
- Serve on bread & enjoy!
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user STLUCIA81.