Holly's Banana BreadSubmitted by: H0LLYWOOD1993
Introduction180 Calories, 10g Protein, 10% Calcium.
Delicious topped with all natural peanut butter! 180 Calories, 10g Protein, 10% Calcium.
Delicious topped with all natural peanut butter!
Heidi's Real Egg or other liquid egg sub., 0.5 cup -OR- 2 to 3 egg whites
Light Sour Cream, 1 tbsp
Banana, very ripe, mashed, 2.5 cup
Dannon Nonfat Yogurt, plain, .33 cup
1/2% or Skim Milk, .25 cup
Vinegar, 2 tsp
EVOO, 2 tsp
Whole Wheat Flour, 1.75 cup
Whey Protein Powder, vanilla, 2 scoops (66g)
Salt, .5 tsp
Baking Powder, 2 tsp
Baking Soda, .5 tsp
Cinnamon, ground, 1 tbsp
Add a cup of frozen blueberries or peaches if you'd like.
1) In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sour cream together. Add bananas.
2) In a tiny separate bowl, mix together milk and vinegar, and let sit for about 1 minute. Then, stir in the evoo (extra virgin olive oil).
3) Stir the milk/vinegar/evoo mixture into the large mixing bowl with the other ingredients.
4) In a separate, medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, whey, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and all of the cinnamon, except for a 1/2 tsp of it. Next, whisk the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
5) Lightly grease a 10" loaf pan with evoo, and pour in the banana bread batter from the large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tsp of cinnamon over bread batter.
7) Stick the loaf pan into the oven, which should already be at 325'F, and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick can be inserted and pulled out clean.
8) When finished, let cool out of the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes. Slice it into 10 1" pieces or 20 1/2" pieces, and enjoy with a glass of milk, tea, or coffee. Spreading a bit of all natural peanut butter or jam on it is also quite fabulous!
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user H0LLYWOOD1993.