Frosted Apple Nut BarsSubmitted by: ARIANA_411
IntroductionThese cookie bars are irresistibly soft and perfect on a rainy day. These cookie bars are irresistibly soft and perfect on a rainy day.
For 20 to 24 bars you will need:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup corn oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups green apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
1 cup walnuts, chopped
4 oz. fat free cream cheese softened
2 Tbsp. butter softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. maple syrup.
2. Sift the flour with the baking soda and cinnamon. Mix gently into the sugar mixture.
3. Fold the apples and walnuts into the batter. Pour onto a greased and floured baking pan.
4. Bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool completely on a wire rack.
6. For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and maple syrup. Beat until soft and creamy.
7. Spread on top of cooled apple nut cake.
8. Cut into 20 to 24 bars.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ARIANA_411.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Tastes awesome. I found it too moist & crumbly to call it bars - more of a cake. Excellent and next time I will keep in the 13 x 9 pan, frost, and serve from there & eat like cake. Cut the oil by half and replaced the other half with unsweetened apple sauce to save fat and cals. Yum! - 11/1/08
what size baking pan? - 9/26/08
Reply from ARIANA_411 (9/29/08)
I would use a 13 by 9 inch baking pan. Sorry it took so long to answer.