Peruvian CevicheSubmitted by: WHINGINGJENNY
IntroductionA delicious, easy, and healthy fish recipe from Peru. A delicious, easy, and healthy fish recipe from Peru.
*2 lbs tilapia fillets or other firm white fish fillets, cubed
* 8-10 garlic cloves, chopped
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
* 4 fresh serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
* 8-12 limes, freshly squeezed and strained to remove pulp, enough to cover fish
* 1 red onion, thinly sliced and rinsed
2)Place red onion on top and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
3)Before serving, mix well and serve with lettuce, corn, avocado or other cold salad vegetables on the side.
Note: Don't worry about the tilapia being uncooked; the acidity of the lime juice actually cooks the fish without heat.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WHINGINGJENNY.