Creamy Potato SoupSubmitted by: REINVENTING-ME
IntroductionThick, warm, creamy potato soup Thick, warm, creamy potato soup
5 large baking potatoes
1 large onion, chopped
1 pkg. lite cream cheese
1 c. lite sour cream
4 c. skim milk
salt and white pepper to taste
2. Place half of the potatoes and all of the chopped onion in a soup pot. Add water to cover, and boil until tender.
3. When finished, remove roughly half of the water in the soup pot and puree the contents with the sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
4. Return the pureed mixture to the soup pot, and add the skim milk. Additional skim milk may be added if soup is too thick.
3. Boil the remaining potatoes in a separate pot until tender. Drain, and then add to the soup mixture.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm. Toppings such as chopped green onion, grated cheddar, and crumbled bacon can be added, but have not been figured into nutrition information.
Makes approximately 18 1-cup servings.
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user REINVENTING-ME.