Cher's Beefy tomatoesSubmitted by: PUNKIN7743
IntroductionThis main dish is great when you have too many tomatoes that are ripe from the garden. This main dish is great when you have too many tomatoes that are ripe from the garden.
Ground beef, 16 oz
Rice-a-Roni -Beef Flavor, 1 box
Red Ripe Tomatoes, 8 large whole
Onions, raw, 1 medium
Basil, .5 tbsp
Salt, 1 tsp
Pepper, black, 1 dash
Cheddar Cheese, .5 cup, diced
1. Cut the tops off of the tomatoes.
2. Carefully scoop out the pulp. (set aside)
3. turn tomatoes upside down on a paper towel to drain.
4. In a non stick skillet cook onion and beef until no longer pink. then drain onion and beef and put in a medium bowl.
5. Cook rice a roni as directed on package.
6. Add rice to beef bowl and add salt, pepper , basil, cheese and pulp.
7. Spoon mixture into tomatoes.
8. Place in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray.
9. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes
Makes 8 stuffed tomatoes. Serving is 1
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PUNKIN7743.