Ruth's Vegan LasagnaSubmitted by: ANTIOCHIA
IntroductionGood, easy , vegan lasagna Good, easy , vegan lasagna
9 Lasagna Noodles
1 28-oz. jar marinara sauce
1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer
1/4 cup warm water
1 12-oz. pkg Mori-Nu Silken extra firm tofu
3/4 cup canned drained garbanzos (about half a can)
2 cups shredded Soy Mozzarella, divided
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the Egg Replacer and water until foamy.
4. With a fork, mash the garbanzos and add to the bowl with the Egg Replacer . Then mash the tofu and add it to the bowl. Stir in 1 cup of the Soy Mozzarella, the salt, and the parsley,
5. Assemble the Lasagna: Cover the bottom of the sprayed 9 x 13 pan with a thin layer of Marinara Sauce. Lay three cooked noodles on top of the Marinara Sauce. Cover the noodles with half of the tofu mixture. Add a layer of Marinara Sauce, then another 3 noodles, the remaining half of the tofu mixture and another layer of Marinara Sauce. Cover that with the remaining 3 noodles. Add a layer of Marinara Sauce and sprinkle with the remaining shredded Soy Mozzarella.
5. Cover Lasagna with foil and bake at 350 for about an hour. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove Lasagna from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
6. Cut into 9 pieces (3 pieces -2 cuts- each direction). Serves 9
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANTIOCHIA.