- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 334.4
- Total Fat: 18.4 g
- Cholesterol: 60.0 mg
- Sodium: 753.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 24.9 g
Janelle's Hoisin Green Beans and Pork Stir FrySubmitted by: JANELLEI
IntroductionPork and green bean stir fry with hoisin sauce Pork and green bean stir fry with hoisin sauce
1 lb trimmed pork tenderloin
2 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP rice wine
1/2 test black pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth or stock
3 TBSP Hoisin Sauce
1.5 tsp sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup peanut or veg oil
1 lb green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 green onions, thiny sliced
1/4 cup toasted white sesame seeds
2. Combine 2 TBLS soy sauce, 1 TBLS rice wine, and pepper in a bowl and marinate the pork
3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining TBLS of soy sauce, rice wine, chicken stock, hoisin sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch and set aside.
4. Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the green beans and stir fry them until they begin to brown or blister (about 10 minutes)
5. Remove the beans using a slotted spoon and discard all but 2 TBLS of oil. Return the pan to the heat and add the pork and garlic. Stir fry until the pork is no longer pink (about 3 minutes). Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the green beans and sauce that was mixed up in step 3 and cook until the sauce begins to thicken (about 1 minute).
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
This makes four 500 calorie servings or six 334 calorie servings.
Serve with brown rice or soba noodles and fruit for desert.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JANELLEI.