Splenda Coconut MacaroonsSubmitted by: TAZLADYOK
1 c Organic Unsweetened Coconut
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
2 large egg whites
2/3 c. Splenda
2. Combine coconut, cinnamon, and vanilla together in a medium bowl and stir well; set aside.
3. Place egg whites in a small mixer bowl and beat on medium speed to soft peaks. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over egg whites and continue beating until peaks are glossy.
4. Gently sprinkle remaining sugar over beaten egg whites and carefully fold in using a rubber spatula, then gently fold in coconut mixture.
5. Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Cool 2 to 3 minutes on cookie sheets to firm up, then carefully remove cookies from the paper with a spatula, transfer to a wire rack, and cool completely.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TAZLADYOK.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Oh gosh, I'm in trouble. These are SO good. I used sweetened coconut (all I had), but even with a cup of Splenda they were the perfect sweetness. I added a dash of salt to the egg whites and (don't scream!) a spritz of butter-flavored spray to the top of each one before baking. Perfection! - 1/28/10