Spinach Mushroom SoupSubmitted by: KETTLEBELLJUNKY
IntroductionI used vegetable broth instead of water, which is what the original recipe called for.
Each serving is almost 2 cups. I used vegetable broth instead of water, which is what the original recipe called for.
Each serving is almost 2 cups.
1 bag baby spinach
1 10-oz package mushrooms (baby bella/white)
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar/monterey jack)
salt and pepper to taste
2. Add the flour and stir it around to get it coated in butter.
3. Add 6 cups of broth and bring it to a boil.
4. Now add mushrooms and spinach (it will wilt quickly) to the water and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
5. Fish out bay leaf from soup and discard. Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, process the veggies to a thick broth.
6. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes, if using.
7. Finish the soup with milk and shredded cheese. Continue heating for a minute or two and then serve.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WILL_GET_THERE.