- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 231.3
- Total Fat: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 68.4 mg
- Sodium: 1,550.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 31.9 g
Blackened Chicken Strips with Cajun SauceSubmitted by: KELLIEJOJO
IntroductionYummy and as HOT as you want to make it! Yummy and as HOT as you want to make it!
1 1/2 tbsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth (low sodium, no fat)
1 whole tomato, seeded and minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (choose from oregano, basil, tarragon, or marjoram)
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz penne pasta
2. Place chicken breasts between two pieces of wax paper and pound with a meat mallet to flatten. Moisten breasts with water and rub with Cajun spice (reserve 1/4 teaspoon of the spice for the sauce).
3. Spray a very hot cast-iron pan with vegetable cooking spray. Fry breasts for 4 to 6 minutes, or until done. Remove from pan and slice into thin strips; set aside.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
5. SautÃ© onion and garlic in a small saucepan sprayed with vegetable spray until onion is soft. Add broth, tomato, fresh herbs and reserved Cajun spice. Simmer for 8 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
6. Arrange pasta on a platter. Lay chicken on pasta and drizzle with sauce.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KELLIEJOJO.