- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 318.7
- Total Fat: 5.0 g
- Cholesterol: 5.0 mg
- Sodium: 546.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.2 g
- Protein: 13.4 g
Skillet white beans, spinach & tomatoes over LinguineSubmitted by: TWINMOM143
IntroductionHigh in calcium and very yummy High in calcium and very yummy
2 tsp olive oil
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
2 cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (do not drain)
1 can any white beans (I use Great Northern or Navy usually)
1 package fresh spinach
6 cups cooked linguine
6 Tablespoons Romano or Parmesan cheese (grated)
2. In a separate pan start boiling water for linguine and get linguine cooked while you continue.
3. Add garlic, saute for a minute or so.
4. Add tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil.
5. Cover with spinach, top with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Spoon tomato/beans/spinach mixture over linguine and sprinkle with cheese.
This makes 6 servings of 1 cup of pasta, 1 cup of sauce and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TWINMOM143.