Applesauce-Oatmeal CookiesSubmitted by: JENNI329
Introductionfrom Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook from Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook
* 1/3 cup Butter or margarine, softened
*1/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
* 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
* 1 Egg
* 1/2 cup Applesauce, unsweetened
* 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1. In medium mixing bowl beat butter/margarine with electric mixer on med to high for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, cinnamon & baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in applesauce & egg till combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour & oats.
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 375* oven for 8 to 10 mins or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack & let cookies cool. Makes about 30 cookies.
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENNI329.