- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 182.7
- Total Fat: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 17.7 mg
- Sodium: 243.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
Whole wheat pumpkin banana muffinsSubmitted by: BZOOTY
* 4 cups whole wheat flour
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 2 teaspoons ground ginger
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 15 ounces pumpkin, cooked or from a can
* 2 large eggs
* 3 egg whites
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 cup banana, very ripe,mashed
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Stir so it's well mixed.
4. Combine pumpkin, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, bananas, and oil in a larger mixing bowl; beat until smooth.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture, beat until just combined.
6. Spoon into prepared pans or tins.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes,until toothpick inserted into the middle of the of a muffin comes out clean.
8. Remove muffins to a wire rack as soon as they come out of the oven.
9. Makes 24 substantial muffins.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BZOOTY.