Pizza Stuffed PeppersSubmitted by: HUSKERSALAD
IntroductionLeave out the olives if you are trying to cut down on the sodium. Leave out the olives if you are trying to cut down on the sodium.
1/2 pound lean ground turkey
2 large red bell peppers
1 cup parboiled rice
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon black olives, chopped
3 slices Canadian bacon slices
1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
2. While the meat is browning, cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs.
3. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Place three of the pepper halves on the cookie sheed.
4. Dice the remaining pepper half into small peices. Put half in with the turkey; save half for another use.
5. Cut the canadian bacon slices into 1/4 inch strips and again crosswise in small pieces.
6. Break up the ground turkey into small bits. Stir in the parboiled rice and the spaghett/tomato sauce.
7. Fill the pepper halves with the meat/rice mixture. Top with chopped olives, bacon pieces and 2% fat cheddar cheese.
8. Bake in the over for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MEGOOLA.