Chicken MarsalaSubmitted by: AILEENCHOATE
Introductionwine, lemons and mushrooms flavor this chicken recipe the lower salt and lower fat way. wine, lemons and mushrooms flavor this chicken recipe the lower salt and lower fat way.
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 Cup flour
2 boneless chicken breasts (5 oz.) sliced in half horizontally
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 Cup Marsala wine
1/2 Cup chicken stock, skim fat from top
1/2 lemon---fresh lemon juice
1/2 Cup sliced mushrooms
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped(optional)
2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides. then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
3. To the skillet, add wine and stir until the wine is heated. Add juice, stock and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until sauce is partially reduced.
4. Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over chicken.
5. Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
6. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Yields: 4 servings--1 (2-1/2 oz.)chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AILEENCHOATE.