- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 856.7
- Total Fat: 55.5 g
- Cholesterol: 189.9 mg
- Sodium: 588.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.7 g
- Protein: 30.1 g
Low Carb Linguine AlfredoSubmitted by: CHEFSEAN
IntroductionThe key to making low carb pasta is, well, using low carb pasta. I use Dreamfields pasta, but any low carb pasta will work. It has around 10 net carbs, and tastes great! The key to making low carb pasta is, well, using low carb pasta. I use Dreamfields pasta, but any low carb pasta will work. It has around 10 net carbs, and tastes great!
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup of salted butter
1 tsp white (or black) pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
2 skinless chicken breasts
12 oz Dreamfields Linguine (low carb pasta)
1) Put chicken in the oven to bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Time may vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
2) Start boiling water in a large pot. Move on to step 3, but once this starts boiling, cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium/low heat.
4) Add the heavy whipping cream, pepper, and minced garlic to the butter and simmer, stirring often.
5) Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer the sauce for 8-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
6) When the sauce has thickened, add the Mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. The sauce is now done. Depending on how well you are at timing everything ... the sauce may sit for a bit before you serve it. Re-warm the sauce as needed.
7) Once the chicken is done, cut it into cubes.
8) Drain the pasta and put back into it's original pot. OPTIONAL: Add a little olive oil to the pasta to prevent them from sticking to each other.
9) How you serve it is up to you! I personally pour the sauce and the chicken into the pasta and stir it so that the sauce is evenly distributed. Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHEFSEAN.