Jelly Roll cake w/o fillingSubmitted by: SKINNY1DAY
IntroductionI used my apple pie filling recipe with this but you can pretty much use any of your favorite fillings I used my apple pie filling recipe with this but you can pretty much use any of your favorite fillings
8 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup self rising flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2. spray a jelly roll pan or large cookie sheet with cooking spray. line the pan with waxed paper and also spray cooking spray on paper
3. in a medium mixing bowl mix together egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until foamy.
4. add 1/4 cup sugar and beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
5. in a seperate bowl, beat together remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and oil on medium speed.
6. add vanilla and flour and mix until well blended.
7. fold 1/4 of the egg whites mixture into the flour mixture.
8. carefully fold in the remaining egg whites.
9. spread mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
10. bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. the cake should spring back when touched lightly.
11. loosen the cake from the pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
12. cover cake with a kitchen towel and invert pan.
13. remove waxed paper and throw away.
14. gently roll up cake in towel and place on a cooling rack while you prepare the filling.
14. gently unroll cake and lightly spread filling on the cake leaving a 1/2 inch border.
15. carefully re-roll the cake.
16. garnish with powdered sugar.
this made 2 jelly rolls that i cut into 12 equal servings, 6 servings per roll.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SKINNY1DAY.